Bite-size versions of the fall fair treat, these tiny "caramel" apples are a great party snack.
· 4-inch lollipop sticks
· Melon baller
· Granny Smith apples (one apple makes about 8 mini apples)
· Butterscotch or peanut butter chips or caramels
· Chopped nuts, nonpareils, sprinkles, shredded coconut (optional)
· Small paper candy cups
1. First, cut the lollipop sticks in half at an angle (the pointy end will go into the apple pieces easier).
2. With the melon baller, scoop little balls out of the apple. Each ball should have a section of apple peel. Push half of a lollipop stick into the peel of each ball. ***VERY IMPORTANT ***Pat the apple pieces dry.
3. Melt the chips according to the package directions.
4. Dip and swirl the mini apples in the melted chips, then roll the apples in nuts, sprinkles, nonpareils, or coconut, if desired.
5. Place the mini apples in paper candy cups to set.
*I have been told that they do not do well in Fridge overnight, so you need to make them the day you need them. I made mine the morning of the Halloween Party so I have not tried leaving them overnight.*